Meeting in regular session, Monday, November 5, 2018 City Council:
- Adopted a resolution confirming acceptance of a recommended special-assessment roll that would spread costs of programs and services as requested by the City's Downtown Management Board and scheduled a November 19 public hearing to receive comments concerning these proposed special assessments;
- Authorized to enter into a three-year contract with Asplundh Tree Expert Company, Mt. Pleasant, for trimming and pruning of trees at an hourly rate of $154.45;
- Authorized to enter into a three-year contract with Drost Landscape, Petoskey, for an average cost of $307 for removal and disposal of trees and stump grinding at unit cost of $85, when required;
- Authorized to enter into a three-year contract with 5H Irrigation and Maintenance, Petoskey, for brush and limp chipping and disposal at an hourly rate of $85;
- Discussed the rezoning of 200 East Lake Street and adopted a resolution to begin rezoning process with interest in B-2 CBD;
- Discussed the proposed 2019 Annual Budget and adopted a resolution scheduling a November 19 public hearing to receive comments concerning the proposed budget and property tax millage rates that have been recommended for fiscal year 2019; and
- Discussed proposed 2019 City-wide rates and charges.