As of June 1, 2014, vacation rentals, or renting of residential property for less than 30 days, is only allowed in a business district with a City hotel/vacation rental license.

Commercial activity in parks or rights-of-way is only allowed in conjunction with a community event.  Food trucks are allowed on private property if it is an accessory use to a principal use and located as to not take up required parking, or could be requested to the Board of Appeals as a temporary use on a commercially-zoned property.

Possibly, depending on the type of business.  Click here for forms and permits to determine if your business requires a license.  Examples of businesses that do require permits include, retail, taxi, transient trader, etc.

Please complete the application by clicking here and submit to the City Manager's Office:

101 East Lake Street

Petoskey, MI  49770

Yes.  The people who may return an absentee ballot are limited to:

1. The voter

2. A member of the voter's immediate family who has been asked to return the ballot

3. A person residing in the voter's household who has been asked to return the ballot

4. A person whose job normally includes the handling of mail

5. An authorized election official